A.S.S. - 210 H2S Nutralizer
A.S.S. - 210 is a concentrated H2S nutralizer that reacts with H2S and mercaptans. It will react with both components. This product can be diluted with solvents such as methanol, water and ethylene glycol. A.S.S - 210 can be used in a "bubble tower" or continuous injection. For H2S in liquid, 1.0 litre will remove 1ppm of H2S. A litre of A.S.S. - 210 will remove between 0.2 kg to 1 kg of H2S, or 1.67 pounds to 7.6 pounds per gallon.
Features & Benefits
- No flash point and a freeze point in excess of minus 40˚C.
- Biodegradable, fast acting and has virtually no odor.
- Cost effective and an extremely efficient H2S neutralizer.
- Can be diluted with water, methanol, glycols or mixtures of same.
- A new, patent pending, user friendly product.
- Contains NO formaldehyde.
- Independent third party lab testing confirms A.S.S. - 210 kills the bacteria from which H2S grows.
- Can be added to make up water for producing steam and the produced steam will effectively eliminate H2S from tank atmospheres or other atmospheres the steam is introduced.
- Can be added to sewage effluent, RV holding tanks or camp trailer holding tanks and is effective in reducing odors and H2S build ups.
- Fluid was temperature tested in the lab at 410˚F, at 60 PSI, for 16 hours and showed no signs of degradation or solid precipitates forming.
- Fluid was subjected to testing by one of Canada’s largest drill fluid suppliers and their finding: Quote: “Your fluid did not negatively affect the properties of our Gel-Chem Mud.”
- Has the unique ability to become extremely particularized and disperse through oils neutralizing the H2S and then reconstituting itself, settling and forming a layer with any water below the oil because of its water soluble qualities.
- A.S.S.-210 is a concentrated H2S neutralizer that reacts with H2S and Mercaptans and is most effective when used in liquids. One litre of A.S.S. - 210 will remove 1 PPM of H2S in 3.000,000 litres of liquid or 1 litre of A.S.S. - 210 will remove 3000 PPM of H2S in 1000 litres of liquid or 1 cubic metre. One litre of A.S.S. - 210 will remove between 0.2 kg to 1 kg of H2S or 1 gallon of A.S.S. - 210 will remove 1.67 pounds to 7.6 pounds of H2S.
- Many of the effective competitor H2S reducing products available today contain formaldehydes, which are known to be carcinogenic. The odors are so extreme that any clothing, gloves or footwear that comes in contact with these products has to be burnt or disposed of. If these products get on your skin, the odor is so bad that you will certainly not be allowed in public places. The odor becomes more extenuated the warmer the conditions. A.S.S. - 210 is not a known carcinogen and has virtually no odor, making it a user friendly and a much preferred product.
Applications and Procedures
- Factors to be considered when preparing to use A.S.S. - 210 are:
- PPM H2S
- Fluid being treated
- Residence time (treating time)
- Rule of thumb for using A.S.S. - 210 is: 1 litre of A.S.S. - 210 will neutralize 1000 litres of liquid contaminated with 2000 PPM H2S or 1 drum into 1000 drums will neutralize 2000 PPM of H2S.
- Inform all personnel of procedures for safe handling and review MSDS with them.
- Remove from storage area only the amount needed for one shift.
- Wear safety glasses or goggles and chemical resistant gloves.
- Store away from heat.
- Avoid breathing vapors.